Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thirty-three

I felt so celebrated on my birthday! The kids chose an "underwater" theme for my special day. With some research on Dad's part and a lot of half kept secrets, we headed to the City Museum and World Aquarium. What an amazing place! It is hard to describe. I'll let their website:
.Housed in the 600,000 square-foot former International Shoe Company, the museum is an eclectic mixture of children's playground, fun house, surrealistic pavilion, and architectural marvel made out of unique, found objects...
the most monumental, monolithic, monstrous montage of monkey bars in the world.


That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.


I wouldn't say I was stuck here, but I did need a couple trial runs.
"The Cake" always elicits a huge amount of excitement at our house. I think my sweet, talented friend, Wendy, did a great job capturing the zany requests of my 4 and 7 year olds!
This is only the g-rated party. Jeff planned a night away for the two of us the following weekend. It included a tour of the Saint Louis Art Museum, tapas, a movie and a night at the Cheshire Inn. Thirty-three ain't half bad!

No comments: